Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Figuring stuff out



I have to admit that, in some ways, I'm just as unsure of myself as I was years ago. I thought by now, this age, I would be more confident as I would have some major things figured out. To be honest, I often have the feeling that I'm "flying by the seat of my pants." When I finish a job, I sometimes think, "Whew -- that was close."




What do I have figured out? Hmmm....I need to start a list. I'm sure it's not a particularly long list so it might be fun to compose.




Some things I have figured out:




1. Don't feel you have to do everything everyone tells you to do.


2. Do only those things that keeps most everyone off your back.


3. Sometimes, you just have to fake it. No time to get all upset or for crying out loud, guilty.


4. Look beneath...look way beneath and under.


5. There are just things that you "KNOW" are true. No evidence, proof, or smoking gun. But you know, you really do. Believe yourself.




More later...I actually like this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment